Strawberry Spelt Flour Waffles
“The strawberry powder doesn’t create a pink or red waffle, but it does infuse a beautiful strawberry flavour and beautiful natural sweetness. The sugar is completely optional. Usually I would add sugar to ensure that my waffles get super crispy, but the natural sugars in the strawberry powder did an amazing job just on it’s own!” – Shel
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 4 -5 minutes per waffle
Servings – 12 mini waffles, 2 -3 servings
- 2 large eggs
- 140g spelt flour or plain flour of choice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 120 ml milk, non dairy if necessary
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or butter, melted
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar of choice, optional!
- 2 – 3 tsp Arctic Berries Strawberry powder
- Whisk together all waffle batter ingredients until smooth.
- Preheat your waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Cook waffles for 4 -5 minutes; waffle irons will vary as will the amount of batter that your waffle iron will take!
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve topped with yogurt or coconut cream, a little extra dusting of strawberry powder and some chocolate chunks or chips or cacao nibs if desired.
Try toping it with homemade Strawberry ice cream – see the recipe!