Makes 2 small cheese cakes or 8 cupcake-sized
1/3 cup nuts of your choice, almonds and cashews work well
1/3 cup pitted dates
Basic Cheesecake Filling
1 cup cashews soaked overnight then drained
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted on low heat
10 peeled and pitted fresh dates
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (if needed)
Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
For the berry layer
1/4 cup fresh or thawed raspberries
1 tsp Arctic Berries Cranberry or Lingonberry Powder
For the Chocolate Layer
1 1/2 tbsp cacao powder
1 tbsp melted coconut oil
1. Chop the nuts and dates for the bottom layer coarsely and press out into one or two small spring-form pans (depending on size) or silicone cupcake moulds.
2. Place all the ingredients for the cheesecake filling, except for the almond milk, in a powerful food processor/blender and blend until completely smooth. Add the almond milk by spoonfuls if needed.
3. Add 2/3 of the mixture into two different bowls, so you have 1/3 in one bowl, 1/3 in another and the last third left in the blender.
4. Add the raspberries and Lingonberry/Cranberry Powder into the blender and blend until smooth.
5. Mix one of the bowls with the cacao powder and coconut oil to make the chocolate layer. Stir well until the color looks even enough.
6. Layer the three different mixtures into the spring-form pan(s) or cupcake moulds and place in the freezer until set.
7. Optional: decorate with melted chocolate and homemade bliss balls before serving! Remember to make sure to remove the cheesecakes from the freezer at least 20 minutes before serving!